21.5.06

Fighting the Jet Lag

So, I made it safely to Bangkok and to my great pleasure I also have wireless internet in my room. This is also problematic as I love the internet and really should not have it at my disposal because that would mean I’ll likely spend way too much time online.

After the lovely 17 hour plane ride, I keep having to remind myself that it is Sunday, that indeed I lost a day somewhere over the Pacific. Other than that the trip was fine, no lost baggage, a simple trip from the airport to Rompo Mansion and here I am. I do have to say, if one were to live on a commercial airplane ride, one would get very well fed. (Not well as in good food, well as in being fed every 4 hours). I found it quite odd eating “lunch” at 5AM local time when it’s dark out and people are rubbing the sleep from their eyes.

Landing in Bangkok, my fear, the humidity undoubtedly set in. 6AM walking out of the plane and it was already muggy, not that bad, but you could tell it would only get worse. I don’t think I’ve seen the sun today, sadly, as thunder clouds blanket the city. My room, without the AC on also has an odd musty smell (I’m hoping I’ll get used to it) … ah tropical areas.

6 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

flight on! you'll be okay after a few days. i miss you!!!!!!!

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean we're Time-zone buddies now?
~matt

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Mai-Lan said...

MM.. Thai food. Yes, I would say we are, although I believe you are still 2 hours ahead or something of that sort.
Better than the, I don't know, what was it 13 hour difference of before?

 
At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mai-Lan:
1) I didn't know you have comment web page on this web.
2) As you know, I have had explain to you ASIA area is tollaly different with Western Colonies as US, France, England,etc.... You have challenged to live, get more friends and try to adapt... Vanda is your advisor, sure... She can helped you. Few days you will OK in Bangkok.
3) I miss you alot! Take care yourself.

 
At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mai-Lan:
I just posted my comment to you... but I forgot put my name in... BUT I am sure you know WHO, don't you?
Yes, I am your Dad!
Do you sleep good? Eating, Sleeping and Feel Comfortable are main issues to survive OUSIDE, far away from home.

Take care yourself,
Hien

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi mai-lan...it's mrs. crane finally responding to your e-mail. i'm dating myself by saying "i've never 'blogged' before!" this is so amazing that you're travelling the world. southeast asia is quite the emerging region in many ways. an exciting time to be there. just keep an eye on the tectonic activity, okay.
love, sunshine and no humidity from newport beach

p.s. where is that brother of yours...he's quite incognito!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home